Welcome to the Western Massachusetts Catholic Youth Organization Basketball League. Visit this site to access any information regarding the WMCYO.
WMCYO COORDINATORS ONLY
Score Reporters log in here
Click here to provide program information
Western Massachusetts CYO
The purpose of this mission statement is to develop positive values of athletic participation including but not limited to; sportsmanship, teamwork, cooperation and healthy competition. The Western Mass CYO Basketball League strives to provide all children the opportunity to participate in an enjoyable, safe activity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, disability or sexual orientation. The league promotes an inclusive environment for all participants.
The goal of the Western Mass CYO Basketball League is to teach the values of teamwork, pride, respect, commitment, sportsmanship and development of a proper winning attitude. It is our hope through this league, participants will adopt these guidelines and develop a positive attitude. Adherence to these principles and to the mission and vision of the Western Mass CYO Basketball League is what we strive to achieve.
The Western Mass CYO Basketball League considers participation in our league one that provides opportunities for physical, mental, emotional and social development. Athletic competition is viewed as a valuable experience. Our program will challenge each participant to strive for excellence, discover their physical abilities and to work cooperatively as a member of a team. The league will implement best practices and policies that protect participants and promote safety within the organization. Winning is a consideration, but not the only one nor the most important one. Participants are involved for fun and enjoyment. The league will provide a sports environment whereby the health, safety and welfare of all is a top priority.
- Instill the importance of integrity, knowledge, skills, fairness and leadership qualities in both our coaches and participants.
- Provide the opportunity for children to develop skill through learning experiences that contributes to their physical, mental, emotional and social growth.
- Provide each participant with the opportunity to develop their individual skill and potential.
- Develop and teach the qualities of good sportsmanship, respect, fairness and integrity within each participant.
- Teach each participant to accept victory or defeat in a gracious manner.
- Teach each participant the value of hard work and commitment.
- Develop team spirit within each participant.
- Help to develop basic skills of the game, appropriate attitudes, values and team concepts.